Popular UCI Law Library Guides
- Last Updated Nov 14, 2013
These can provide an excellent overview or an exhaustive analysis of an area of law. Practice guides are frequently listed. (Click the icons for online access, when available.)
4,903 views this year
- Last Updated Nov 15, 2013
How to locate, compile, and understand the legislative history of state and federal acts.
834 views this year
- Last Updated Dec 2, 2013
Career directories and databases provided by the Law Library. A companion to the resources and databases provided by the Career Development Office.
704 views this year
- Last Updated Sep 25, 2013
Selected resources for participants in the Jessup International Moot Court Competition.
535 views this year
- Last Updated Nov 22, 2013
Focus is the core clinics at UCI School of Law: Appellate Advocacy, Community Economic Development (CED), Consumer Protection, Domestic Violence, Environmental Law, Immigrant Rights, and International Justice.
456 views this year
- Last Updated Oct 24, 2013
How to locate dockets, pleadings, and related materials for federal, state, and select international courts.
443 views this year
- Last Updated Mar 1, 2013
Selected resources for UCI law students working on pro bono projects that may require intensive research. Project descriptions are at: law.uci.edu/pro_bono.
436 views this year
- Last Updated Nov 8, 2012
Covers U.S. elections, including campaign finance, voting rights, and election administration.
414 views this year
- Last Updated Jun 5, 2012
Treatises, major databases, current awareness, and other resources for federal and state tax research.
414 views this year
- Last Updated May 15, 2013
Overview of federal and state administrative law, including locating and updating regulations, agency decisions, and executive orders.
200 views this year
Even More Research Guides
- Search a legal periodical index for Guides that have been published as journal articles. For instance, use LegalTrac’s Advanced Search option and limit the document type to bibliography.
- Search ANTPAC or Melvyl for the terms pathfinder, bibliography, or "research guide." For best results, limit your search to the Law Library in ANTPAC. (You can use the search box above! Change the dropdown from "This Guide," then click "Search.")
- For state legislative history, visit the Mauer School of Law Library's State Legislative History Research Guides on the Web.
- Look at the websites of state law libraries or area law schools.
- Browse over 150 Subject Guides tailored to the research areas and course specialties at UCI.